700 in first attempt

Default Asked on September 13, 2015 in Student Debriefs.
Add Comment
4 Answer(s)

Thanks a lot Sai 🙂

Default Answered on October 4, 2015.
Add Comment

Pleasure Guha 🙂

Expert Answered on October 9, 2015.
Add Comment

Student Debrief Guha Prasad

Finally getting to write my debrief.  I have got a score of 700 at my first attempt, so I am pretty happy with the score. But I can assure you that it has been a roller coaster ride;-).   I thought of about writing a GMAT exam some time during 2013 and was randomly practising questions from Official GMAT when I thought of taking classroom coaching. I was an active member of websites like Pagalguy.com and through them came to know about Crack Verbal coaching and how they are able to help students overcome their weakness. I attended Arun s demo class at Jyoti Niwas College(a memory which will always remain fresh) and was thoroughly impressed by the approach. Arun s words that the main objective is to get the right answer and not understand the passages hit me like a thunderbolt. Probably I did similar mistakes in my attempts to IIT, CAT and other competitive exams during earlier part of my life.    

What I really like about Crack Verbal is a planned approach which tracks your progress across weeks and months. The beauty of the entire approach is it is simple to apply yet flexible enough to meet your specific goals.  The iterative and incremental approach to tracking of progress helped me address my weaknesses on time.

Some of the key steps that I took :-

1.       Completed the Official GMAT and Official Guide twice. This helped me in understanding the variations in difficulty levels of questions.  One mistake that I did initially was not to keep track of my mistakes and analyzing them thoroughly, which finally got corrected when I joined Crack verbal and started following the excel sheet tracker. Post completion   I gave my GMAT Prep 1 and Prep 2 and got a score of 620 and 640.

3.       Crack verbal Advance document is an extremely useful database of questions and I completed that as well. Patience is the key here and many times you tend to get a blood rush to go ahead and give the GMAT exam, but was able to control that feeling.

4.       On completion of Advance Document I took my GMAT Prep 3 and 4 and got a score of 660 and 680.   At this stage I was not feeling confident of my ability to complete the grilling exam in 4 hours, hence decided to take the 6 MGMAT tests as well for a better practise and hold on questions. Again my scores were in the range of 600 to 680.

5.       It is important to deconstruct each test and study the wrong answers as to where you went wrong. The analysis on – got it, right, wrong, screwed it helps. Many thanks to Arun for spending quality time with me after each test which helped me identifying where I went wrong.

Few key points, the scores in the test is only an indicator of your preparation, it does not mean you will score the same or less in the exam. You can score more as well as 😉 in my case if you carefully analyse your wrong answers and imbibe the learning.  I also did a recce of the centre one day before the exam to verify my name as when I first registered for GMAT my name did not EXACTLY match as in passport due to which I was not allowed to write the exam. Hence had re-register all over again.  

I have already applied for IIM Ahmedabad and IIM Bangalore and will apply to few others.  Thanks a ton to Arun and his entire Crackverbal team for giving structure to my preparation and creating a support system that helped me every stage of preparation. 

Default Answered on September 13, 2015.
Add Comment

It s an awesome story to talk about Guha! All the very best about your future!! J

Expert Answered on September 14, 2015.
Add Comment

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.