In little more than a decade, Argentina has become the world’s leading exporter of honey, with nearly 90,000 tons a year sold to foreign markets, almo

In little more than a decade, Argentina has become the world’s leading exporter of honey, with nearly 90,000 tons a year sold to foreign markets, almost half of which going to the United States.

A. with nearly 90,000 tons a year sold to foreign markets, almost half of which going

B. with the sale of nearly 90,000 tons a year to foreign markets, and almost half of it that goes

C. with the sale to foreign markets of nearly 90,000 tons a year, with almost half of it going

D. selling nearly 90,000 tons a year to foreign markets, and almost half of it goes

E. selling nearly 90,000 tons a year to foreign markets, with almost half going.

I am pretty much clear that answer option E is the right one except for one reason! In Option E – The last two sentences,

1. “selling nearly 90,000…….”,
  2. “with almost half going …….”  – seem to be dependent clauses.

There is a case of 2 dependent clauses separated by a  “comma”. Please let me know if I am missing something important here because I  see both of them not being able to function independently. In little more than a decade, Argentina has become the world’s leading exporter of honey, with nearly 90,000 tons a year sold to foreign markets, almost half of which going to the United States.

Add Comment
0 Answer(s)

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.